New website under construction. Available end of 2018. Login and registration interrupted. contact@cg-animation.com

Welcome to the forum.

To facilitate exchanges between all of us, English is advised. Technical question/problems sections are only accessible to customers.
Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :

SUJET : Joint placement

Joint placement il y a 4 ans 6 mois #230

• dexter
  • Portrait de dexter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Remerciements reçus 2
Hello. Hoping to get some information on joint placement particularly in the shoulder and pelvis regions. Im currently having a heck of a time with my model (not entirely sure if its topology or joint placement) but when I run a test animation on my auto rigged/auto skinned character I get chunky results in the should armpit area. Ive spent hours trying to nudge verts around with weighting tools and in some cases I end up with better results then others but still nothing perfect. My mesh is in the typical T-pose with arms being extruded straight out of the torso. Ive heard some debate about going this route but nothing definitive really. Some folks will say go the A-pose route with the shoulder cap because it gets you a more anatomically accurate mesh, but Ive heard other people refute that and say they've gotten fine results either way. Im curious how other AutoRig users have dealt with these areas of their character meshes and what type of success you all have had. Thanks!
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Joint placement il y a 4 ans 6 mois #231

• dexter
  • Portrait de dexter
  • Modérateur
  • Remerciements reçus 79
Hello,

The shoulder is often a delicate region to skin.
I will make a tutorial on how rigged and skinned a complete cartoon character for the next month.
This will show you my way to skinned this region and perhaps help you.

Best.
Cet utilisateur a été remercié pour son message par: dexter

Joint placement il y a 4 ans 5 mois #235

• dexter
  • Portrait de dexter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Remerciements reçus 2
Thank you. Yeah I wasn't totally sure if it was a joint placement issue or perhaps a topology issue since it is beginning to border what I know on the topic. Ive been working with it still in the meantime and have gotten very close to getting nice rotations in that area. I was starting to think I needed to explore the topic of joint driven morphs to get exactly what I want in that area but I will keep an eye out for the tutorial.

Also, maybe it was user error but I attempted to download Ludo and run my test animation on him to see how his shoulder deforms but I was unable to get LH_MotionCapture v0.2 Beta to properly load the .bip onto him. Is there something about Ludo that prevents that script from working?

Joint placement il y a 3 ans 1 mois #698

• dexter
  • Portrait de dexter
  • Fresh Boarder
hey Ludo, have you been able to get around to that rigging and skinning tutorial? This is something I'm also very interested in seeing.

Joint placement il y a 2 ans 3 mois #851

• dexter
  • Portrait de dexter
  • Fresh Boarder
I am waiting as well. Please take your time when you do the video please don't show us how fast you can do it.
Temps de génération de la page : 0.169 secondes
Scroll to top